Classroom Rules & Procedures

Mr. Rutherford                                                                                2016-2017

Classroom Rules & Procedures

Student/Teacher Contract

Rules:

1. Proper school uniform must be worn at all times. (No jackets, hooded sweatshirts, hats, etc. worn in class)
  2. School ID must be properly displayed around neck.
  3. Students will be respectful to others and your teacher.
    1. Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated.
    2. Vulgar & abusive langue will not be tolerated.
    3. Cell phones, iPods, mp3 players, and any other electronic devices are NOT permitted or to be used in class.
      1. These items are to be left in your locker before 1stperiod starts and remain there until the final dismissal bell.  ***THIS IS YOUR WARNING***
    4. No foods, drinks, or candy permitted in the classroom.
    5. Students will exercise proper care of books, computers, furniture, etc.
    6. Students will arrive to class on time. If you’re late, have a SIGNED pass.

Class Procedures:

1. Upon entering the classroom, students will sit in their assigned seats and prepare items for the period (books, workbook, notebook, pen/pencil, etc.). Student will NOT roam the class or linger in the doorway.
  2. While I take attendance, students will work quietly on the Do Now written on the board.
  3. Students will raise their hand to ask/answer a question.
  4. Computer usage is based on the district’s Internet Usage Policy
    1. Do NOT download anything onto the computer.
    2. Do NOT print anything without permission.
    3. NO personal e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. is allowed.
    4. Students are responsible for your workstation. Report any damage or vandalism immediately.
  5. Students are to remain in their seats until the bell rings. There is NO standing at the door waiting for the bell.  The teacher dismisses the class, not the bell.

Class Work:

1. Students are solely responsible for completing classwork, homework, projects, quizzes, and tests.
  2. If you are absent, it is the student’s responsibility to make up the work missed.
    1. Number of days absent = number of days to make up missed work.
    2. No outside work is to be done during class, unless given permission.
    3. I am available for extra help both before and after school upon request, as well as enrichment Wednesday’s.  Please feel free to see me to arrange a day and time.

1. If I am absent you are to complete the work left with the substitute.
    1. Any assignment NOT handed in will receive a 0 (zero) as a quiz grade and a 0 (zero) for class participation for the day.

Grading:

1. Grading is determined according to classwork, homework, projects, quizzes, tests, and class participation.
  2. Every assignment is given a point value.  Student’s grade is determined on the number of points earned divided by the number of possible points.

NEW GRADING POLICY

Passing is now a 70%, NO LONGER 65%. Refer to the student handbook for new grading scale.

I look forward to having all of you in this class!

*** If you choose to remain in my class, you are agreeing to my rules, policies, and procedures***